Thursday, November 10, 2011

Changes

Once again life seems to have thrown a curve ball. I quit my job in order to pursue a full time job. What is that saying about the grass is always greener on the other side of the road? Well, as hard as I tried the new job did not work out. So here I am, with lots of time on my hands. The upside to this--I am spending most of my time hoovered over a computer at the local Family History Center. My addiction to Genealogy is once again in full swing. If this change had not made finances soooo tight I would not feel bad at all. I am kept busy with Genealogy, being Grandma and watching our chickens. Yes, in May we got 7 chickens. Then, thinking that some of them would be roosters, we got 5 more. We wanted to end up with 4-5 hens. Well, only one of the first batch was a rooster (he went out to a farm to live), and only one of the second batch was a rooster (at least we think. They are still alittle young to tell.) Leaving us with 11 chickens. We gave 2 to a friend who had a lonely hen, leaving us with 9. They have such characters. Our grandchildren love to chase them, and hold them, and our dog thinks they are his best friends! No, there is never a dull moment at our house. Plus we average 3 eggs a day. When the younger set starts laying we will be providing the entire neighborhood with eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment